Principles & Practice 3 Day Course
This 3 Day course (11 / 13 & 14 December 2017) replaced the CIEH Professional Trainer Certificate accredited by the CIEH.
This is the benchmark trainer skills qualification for CIEH registered trainers delivering training that is not publicly funded. It is ideal for first-time trainers who need to understand the basics of training skills and practice or those looking to refine their techniques. This is an essential qualification for anyone wishing to become a CIEH registered trainer* or to update and refresh their training skills and practice.
This qualification encourages a flexible approach to training delivery that takes account of learners’ needs and preferences. It is aimed at those who want to develop practical training skills and is the minimum requirement for anyone wishing to register to deliver CIEH qualifications in food safety, health and safety and environmental protection without public funding, for example, in the workplace.
It is also ideal for first-time trainers who need to understand the basics of training skills and practice or those looking to refine their techniques. It encourages a flexible approach to training delivery that takes account of learners’ needs and preferences. The CIEH TSP is part of the CIEH Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
- Initial assessment
- Planning and preparation
- Training delivery
- Assessment and evaluation
- Training styles and communication
- To be able to understand your own role and responsibilities in relation to training and apply learning approaches in a specialist area
- Demonstrate session planning skills and to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
- Duration: Three-day programme
- Assessment: Assignment (micro-teaching session)
- Ofqual accredited: No
- Prerequisite: None
- Suggested progression: CIEH Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
Other training/teaching qualifications are also recognised and conditions regarding technical knowledge and experience also apply.