Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
This qualification is aimed at candidates already working or preparing to work in an industry that is identified within the Company’s risk assessment of First Aid.
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to enable first aid to be given to employees if they are injured or become ill at work. These regulations apply to all workplaces, including those with five or fewer employees, and to the self-employed.
Taught by an experienced instructor, we use high-quality training aids, realistic casualty simulation and scenarios drawn from real-life, making the experience memorable and fun.
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treating an unconscious casualty (including seizure)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries
- Preventing cross infection, recording incidents and actions and the use of available equipment
To give the candidates confidence and knowledge to approach and assess a first aid emergency and deal with it safely.
- Awarding body: HABC
- Course duration: 1 day programme
- OFQUAL Accredited: 5 practical assessment activities. 15 multiple choice exam. Candidates need to achieve 10 or more answers to gain a pass
- Accredited: Full Approved HSE Certificate valid for 3 years
- Prerequisite: None