Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering
30th October - 3rd November| 795.00£
Who should attend?
From food business owners, managers and supervisors to trainers, production managers and hygiene personnel and auditors who require an in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge together with an industry approved qualification and external accreditation to satisfy their business strategy.
Why is this training important?
Beyond being accountable, it is important for everyone in a managing or supervising position to have mastered the principles of good practice in food safety, thus gaining the ability to guide colleagues on the management of food hygiene in a food business. The Level 4 Award in Food Safety has been designed as a five-day programme to provide an in-depth understanding of food safety with an emphasis on the importance of the management of systems and staff.
Overview and benefits
It is an industry requirement that everyone involved in food production and delivery, from manufacturers and retailers to caterers, has a moral and legal duty to know the principles and practices of food safety. This course will equip those personnel who own a business or work at a senior level in the food industry the confidence to provide guidance and advice on the management of food hygiene in a food-related business.
The qualification covers the following subjects:
- Food-borne illnesses
- Non-bacterial Food Poisoning
- Food storage, temperature control and preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Food Preservation
- Design and Construction of Food Premises
- Cleaning & Disinfection
- Pest Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Training Strategies
- Management control techniques
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Guide and advise on the management of food hygiene in a food business
- Contribute to the management of hygiene in a wide variety of food businesses
- Identify further technical knowledge necessary in complex processes
- Determine further training requirements
- Identify areas of legal compliance
- Determine good practice
- Design an improvement plan
- Outline a HACCP type study
- Promote and encourage good standards of food safety
- Liaise with enforcement officers
- Deliver level 2 food hygiene training (with appropriate training skills)
Awarding Body: HABC
Course Duration: 5 day programme
Assessment: 30 multiple choice questions plus written examination (2.5 hours)
OFQCAL Accredited: Yes
Prerequisite: Prior knowledge to the Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering
Please note: ½ day examination takes place on a separate date, usually two weeks later