Course sessions start at 9:15am and end at 5:00pm
- This course has passed.
Level 3 Award in Supervising in Food Safety in Manufacturing
18th October - 20th October| 495£
Who should attend?
Suitable for Managers and supervisors in catering, providing the candidate with the knowledge and confidence to deliver their job effectively. Particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
Overview and benefits
Changes in legislation effective from January 2006 have placed greater onus and accountability on anyone in the food business with supervisory responsibility. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
This course is designed to ensure all managers and supervisory staff gain the confidence to deliver quality food safely to their customers.
The qualification covers the following subjects:
- Supervisory management
- Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
- Cleaning, disinfection and sterilising procedures
- Contamination control
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
- Implementing good food safety procedures
- Contributing to the safety training of others
The overall objective is to enable managers and supervisors to be able to implement and supervise a food safety management system.
- Conduct food safety procedures
- Supervise others to maintain safety standards
- Ensure safe receipt and storage of food
- Ensure safe preparation, cooking, holding and serving of food
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Implement the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Identify which micro-organisms have the potential to cause harm
- Educate others on the role temperature plays in the control of food safety
- Understand the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in the food premises
- Awarding Body: CIEH or HABC
- Course Duration: 3 day programme
- Assessment: 2 hour, 60 question, multiple choice exam at the end of the course (+40 correct answers to achieve a pass)
- Prerequisite: It is recommended that candidates have already gained basic food safety knowledge. Preferably, Level 2 Food Safety in the past 3 years
Refreshment of this course is recommended every 3 years