Licensing law in England and Wales states that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal licence. Those who wish to obtain a personal licence need to apply to their local authority.
Achievement of qualification forms an essential part of the personal licence application and will enable those selling or authorising alcohol sales to operate both legally and responsibly.
Who should attend?
This is a nationally recognised qualification designed for anyone authorising the sale of alcohol in licensed premises including:
- Any other venue or site where alcohol is sold
Overview and benefits
Under the Licensing Act 2003, anyone authorising the sale of alcohol musthold a personal licence. In order to qualify for a personal licence, an applicant must hold a licensing qualification which is Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) accredited Government approved.
The Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders is both QCA accredited and Government approved and has been specifically designed to meet the statutory requirements of current legislation.
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Permitted temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible sale of alcohol
- To understand the law in relation to the Licensing Act 2003
- To achieve the Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
- Awarding Body: HABC
- Course Duration: 1 day course
- Assessment: 40 multiple choice question examination
- Certificate: Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
- Prerequisite: None