Fire Marshal Training
This ½ day course outlining the role of the Fire Marshal within the workplace.
Who should attend?
This is suitable for all those who have responsibility for fire prevention, fire control and administration of fire fighting training within the workplace.
Overview and benefits
This course explains the causes of workplace fires and how to prevent them plus what to do when you discover a fire, how to raise the alarm and how to evacuate the building safely.
The course also provides instruction on the type of fire safety equipment provided within the workplace and how the equipment is used.
- The cost of fire
- Fire safety legislation – the law
- Risk assessment
- Causes of fire
- The spread of fire
- Fire detection and warning – fire instructions
- Means of escape – fire door signage / escape route signage / safe evacuation procedures
- Fire fighting equipment – types of extinguishers / fire extinguisher usage chart
- The emergency plan
- The fire drill
On completing this course candidates will have an all round knowledge of what to do in the event of a fire, how to identify potential causes of fire and together with prevention.
- Awarding Body: Anderson Food Hygiene
- Course Duration: Half day course
- Assessment: Assessment throughout the course
- Accredited: No
- Prerequisites: None